|Category||Handle Requests, Manage, Develop|
|Supported by||Email, Forums|
|Works With||IIS 5, IIS 5.1, IIS 6, IIS 7|
|Documentation||ISAPI_Rewrite 3 Lite Documentation|
|Updated on||April 30, 2008|
ISAPI_Rewrite 3 Lite is a Freeware URL rewriter for IIS, compatible with Apache mod_rewrite. It supports nearly all Apache mod_rewrite features. It is used for search engine optimization, to proxy another server's content, stop hotlinking or strengthen server security.
- Offers same syntax and behavior as Apache mod_rewrite, but supports only global httpd.conf configuration
- Regular expressions for flexible and powerful configurations.
- Extremely fast and highly scalable pure C++ code.
- Search engine optimization.
- Prevent content leeching (direct linking).
- Hide file extensions.
- Block specific hosts, referrers or annoying robots.
- Content negotiation - serving different files for different language or different browsers.
- Windows 2000 with IIS 5
- Windows XP with IIS 5.1
- Windows 2003 with IIS 6
- Windows Vista with IIS 7
- Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7