Windows This is a Community Contributed Download
|Category||Handle Requests, Manage, Develop|
|License||Free to try|
|Supported by||Email, Forums|
|Works With||IIS 5, IIS 5.1, IIS 6, IIS 7|
|Documentation||ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0 Documentation|
|Updated on||April 30, 2008|
ISAPI_Rewrite 3 is a powerful URL rewriter module for IIS, compatible with Apache mod_rewrite syntax, which makes possible to move configurations from Apache to IIS and vice versa just by copying .htaccess files. It is used for search engine optimization, to proxy another server's content, stop hotlinking or strengthen server security.
- Offers same syntax and behavior as Apache mod_rewrite, making it possible to migrate configurations just by copying .htaccess files.
- Regular expressions for flexible and powerful configurations.
- Extremely fast and highly scalable pure C++ code.
- Real distributed configurations: global server level, virtual host (web site) level, directory level .htaccess files with real-time monitoring.
- Isolation – user level configuration affects only local user environment making ISAPI_Rewrite ideal solution for web hosting providers.
- Search engine optimization.
- Proxy content of one web server through another web server.
- Prevent content leeching (direct linking).
- Hide file extensions.
- Block specific hosts, referrers or annoying robots.
- Content negotiation - serving different files for different language or different browsers.
- Emulate load distribution for web cluster.
- Windows 2000 with IIS 5
- Windows XP with IIS 5.1
- Windows 2003 with IIS 6
- Windows Vista with IIS 7
- Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7