Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 Manager for Remote Administration provides end users and administrators with the ability to securely manage remote IIS 7 servers from Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003. A Web server administrator can perform almost all IIS 7 administrative tasks while site owners and developers that have been delegated administrative privileges can use IIS 7 Manager for Remote Administration to make allowed changes to the remote Web server. IIS 7 Manager offers the same user interface available on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to ensure a more consistent experience when managing and configuring the Web server.
Manage remote IIS 7.0 servers more securely
IIS 7.0 Manager for Remote Administration allows users to more securely manage remote Web sites and applications on IIS 7.0 servers over a firewall-friendly connection using HTTP over SSL.
Administer local and remote Web servers through a consistent interface
IIS 7.0 Manager for Remote Administration allows you to manage Web server features and individual sites through the same, familiar user interface as IIS Manager on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Update your remote administration clients automatically
IIS 7.0 Manager for Remote Administration ensures that users are automatically informed of new features added to the remote IIS 7.0 Web server so that they can download the necessary updates locally to manage those features.
- Remotely manages IIS 7 from Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003
- Connects directly to a Web server, Web site, or Web application
- Installs even when you don't have IIS 7.0 on the local machine
- Allows multiple simultaneous connections
- Supports delegated administration to Web sites and Web applications so owners can connect to and manage their own site directly
- Familiar and easy to use administration tool
- Supports HTTP over SSL for more secure management
- Automatically downloads features to the local IIS Manager for Remote Administration console to match features newly installed on the remote Web server.