Simplify the administration of your Web site by scripting administrative tasks.
Achieve greater control and productivity by using the included IIS 7.0 cmdlets to automate repetitive or complex tasks like creating websites, enabling request tracing or adding a handler.
Execute repetitive administrative tasks across servers with ease.
The seamless integration with Windows PowerShell means that you can use the familiar Windows PowerShell console to execute tasks across single or multiple Web sites and servers. Using the IIS7 PowerShell Snap-In you can easily navigate the IIS7 configuration hierarchy just as easily as you would navigate the file system on your hard drive.
Improve your decision making by consolidating metrics from your servers in real-time.
The Windows PowerShell Snap-In for IIS 7.0 gives you access to a rich set of attributes that lets you consolidate key metrics from your Web sites, such as attended requests per second, state of the Web sites or application pools. By aggregating various metrics, you are able to create score cards, business rules or other ad-hoc responses uniquely suited to your business needs.
- Seamless integration into the Windows PowerShell environment.
- Low-level and task-based cmdlets specific to IIS that allow administrators
- Add and change configuration properties of Web-Sites, Web Applications, Virtual Directories and Application Pools.
- Execute advanced configuration tasks
- Integrate existing scripts or other Windows PowerShell Snap-Ins or solutions.
- Query run-time data such as currently executing HTTP requests, the state of Web sites and application pools, and other valuable information.