|Category||Handle Requests, Improve Performance|
|Works With||IIS 6, IIS 7, IIS 7.5, IIS 8, IIS 8.5|
|Documentation||ISAPI SCGI extension Documentation|
|Updated on||December 27, 2014|
The ISAPI SCGI extension adds support for the Simple Common Gateway Interface protocol to IIS. SCGI is a standard for communicating between web servers and application servers on the back end offering similar benefits to FastCGI but significantly simpler.
- Supports Microsoft IIS versions 6, 7 and 8.
- Can optionally start the SCGI application server automatically
- Ability to control parameters like number of threads, outstanding IOCP requests etc. for tuning to your particular environment.
- Implemented as an ISAPI C extension and uses I/O completion ports for minimal memory and CPU usage
- Supports non-parsed headers
- No other dependencies.
- Open source with a liberal BSD license that allows free use even in commercial environments.
Provides ability to use any back-end applications and web frameworks that support SCGI.
No other dependencies.