|Category||Handle Requests, Manage|
|Supported by||Email, Phone, Knowledge base, Forums|
|Works With||IIS 6, IIS 7|
|Documentation||URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy Documentation|
|Updated on||December 11, 2009|
Managed Fusion URL Rewriter is a powerful URL manipulation engine based on the Apache mod_rewrite extension. It is designed, from the ground up to bring all the features of Apache mod_rewrite to IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0. Managed Fusion Url Rewriter works with ASP.NET on Microsoft's Internet Information Server (IIS) 6.0 and Mono XPS Server and is fully supported, for all languages, in IIS 7.0, including ASP.NET and PHP. Managed Fusion Url Rewriter gives you the freedom to go beyond the standard URL schemes and develop your own scheme. URL Rewriter provides web site owners with the ability to replace URL paths and querystring into links that your users can easily remember without the need for bookmarks. As an added benefit your web site becomes search engine friendly, which means higher page ranking from the search engines, and should result in better lead generation. Note: This product, URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy, is built and shipped by Managed Fusion, LLC and is not associated with the URL Rewrite Module that is built and shipped by Microsoft.
- Full support for Apache mod_rewrite
- The ability to easily move your PHP content from a LAMP server to a WIMP (Windows, IIS, MySQL, PHP) server.
- Full support for Microsoft URL Rewrite web.config
- The ability to develop in Visual Studio's Development Server using the same Microsoft URL Rewrite XML/web.config configuration as used in production IIS 7.0 deployment.
- Reverse proxy content from behind your firewall on to the internet.
- Developed by my company but unlimited FREE use for everybody.
- Full .NET 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 support.
- Full support for IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0 (including integrated pipelines).
- Fully functional Proxy and Reverse Proxy integrated in at no extra cost.
- Full support for Mono XPS, and the integrated Visual Studio Web Development Server, two things that ISAPI_Rewrite and Ionic Rewriter cannot claim.
- Create short URLs that are easy for your users to remember.
- Structure your site for search engine readability.
- Hide the implementation of your URL from the URL that is displayed to the user.
- Provides easy implementation for standardizing your web site to help in SEO efforts.
- Block hot linking of your sites content, very useful for sites that steal your images and consume your bandwidth for their gain.
- Proxy content of one site into directory on another site.
- Create a gateway server that brings together all your companies proprietary web application under one standardized schema through the proxy feature.
- Create dynamic host-header based sites using a single physical site.
- Change your ASP.NET file extensions to other extensions (i.e. .html). This also helps in migrating old CGI technology to ASP.NET, without changing your URL structure.
- Return a browser-dependent content even for static files.
- Reverse proxy content from behind your firewall on to the internet, without exposing your machine to the internet.
- Ability to use the Reverse Proxy to make cross site AJAX requests.
- IIS 6.0
- IIS 7.0
- IIS 7.5
- Visual Studio Development Server (Cassini)
- Mono XPS