|License||Free to try|
|Supported by||Email, Forums|
|Works With||IIS 5.1, IIS 6, IIS 7|
|Documentation||IISxpress 2.5 Documentation|
|Updated on||March 17, 2009|
IISxpress is a powerful and highly configurable compression plug-in for IIS. IISxpress enhances the latest Microsoft web technologies like ASP.NET and Ajax (not forgetting ASP, ISAPI Coldfusion and CGI) by reducing page footprint allowing you to concentrate on deploying rich content without worrying about end user download performance and bandwidth costs. With IISxpress you can significantly reduce the download footprint of HTML, JS, CSS, XML, SOAP, XMLRPC and most binary content types. IISxpress is FREE to use on Windows Vista, and XP Professional. On Windows 2003 and 2008 IISxpress is FREE for non-profit organizations, for commercial and government use IISxpress is $79 per installed server. Free versions of IISxpress do not contain spyware or adware and are functionally identical to the full commercial version. You just get 100% compression and nothing else.
- NEW: supports BZIP2 in addition to deflate and GZIP.
- NEW: runs in mixed mode 32/64bit IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008 and Vista.
- Detailed performance counters for IIS 7.0, 6.0 and 5.1
- User friendly user interface with real time status reporting
- Control compression based on file extension, content type, URI/URL, client IP address and user agent (browser)
- Select from three different compression modes
- System resource aware - detects high CPU and memory conditions and scales accordingly
- True multi-core support - select any combination of CPU cores to use for compression tasks or let IISxpress load balance automatically. Use 100% of the CPU power you've paid for
- Integrated compression cache for lightning fast response times
- Free for non-commercial and non-governmental use
- Reduced bandwidth costs for your web site and users
- Faster response times for all users
- Supported by all major browsers (IE, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari, Opera, Chrome, etc.) - no additional client software is required to gain performance benefit
- Windows 2008 (32 and 64bit)
- Windows 2003 (32 and 64bit)
- Windows Vista (32 and 64bit)
- Windows XP Professional (32 and 64bit)