|Supported by||Email, Phone, Knowledge base, Forums|
|Works With||IIS 5, IIS 5.1, IIS 6, IIS 7|
|Documentation||ASP Barcode Server Component for IIS Documentation|
|Updated on||April 30, 2008|
This component adds barcode streaming generation capability to Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) to ASP, ASP.NET web pages and other applications plus development environments that can display a dynamic URL, including reporting software such as Microsoft SharePoint , Crystal Reports and FileMaker .
Features of the ASP Barcode Server Component for IIS include:
- Easy-to-Install - Simply copy three (3) files to the virtual directory where barcodes are needed.
- Fast and Efficient - No temporary files are created on the server, the resulting IIS barcode image is sent directly to the browser as a base-256 binary stream which results in greater performance. Run-time write access to the server is not required.
- Compatible with all Web Browsers - Because an image is generated on the server, it is compatible with all web browsers that can view GIF or JPEG images, including early versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Netscape.
- Flexible - Several properties may be set with parameters in the URL such as the symbology type, orientation, color, barcode height and X dimension.
- Complete GS1-128 Support (aka: UCC/EAN 128) - Easy methods are included to add application identifiers into Code 128 for GS1-128 barcodes that also format to the correct human-readable text.
- Tilde Functions - Tilde functionality allows easy encoding of returns, tabs and other functions such as GS and RS functions between fields in a single barcode symbol.
- Selectable Orientation - Angles of 0, 90, 180 or 270 are supported.
- Royalty-Free - Developer Licenses for this product are perpetual and royalty-free.
- Safe & Secure - This is a 100% managed code product created in Visual C# .NET with strong name signatures and signed DLLs.
- Source Code - Source code to the streaming project DLL is available with the purchase of any Developer License and a signed Source Code Agreement.
- Easily adds IIS barcode generation capability to Microsoft® IIS and ASP.
- Streams high quality GIF or JPEG files to the browser without creating temp files.
- Image specified as URL allows use from other operating systems.
- Server-side image generation is compatible with all browsers.
- Developer Licenses for this product are royalty-free and perpetual.
- Easy installation is accomplished by copying 3 files to the virtual directory where barcodes are needed.
- Creates barcodes in ASP scripts and any application that can display a dynamic URL, including SharePoint, Crystal Reports and FileMaker.
- The mature components of this package have been in use since 2002 and are used in IDAutomation's Barcode Generator Service.
|Compatibility and Requirements|
|Application Compatibility||Any application that can retrieve a URL and display the image.|
|Server Compatibility||Microsoft Windows Server 2000 and greater with .NET Framework 1.1 or greater. This product has been tested on Windows Server 2000, Server 2003, XP and Windows Vista. Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the OS are supported.|
|Minimum System Requirements||500 MHZ Processor, 512 MB RAM, 5 MB Available hard drive space.|
|Intended Implementer||Web designers and developers.|
|Linear Symbology Compatibility||Code 39, Extended Code 39, Code 128 (with character sets A, B and C), GS1-128 (aka: UCC/EAN-128), USS-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, NW7, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11, Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, ITF, USPS Intelligent Mail, PLANET and POSTNET.|
|Aztec Compatibility||Aztec matrix generation with automatic mode selection and GS1 compatibility. AIM Specification ANSI/AIM BC13 ISS Aztec Code.|
|Data Matrix Compatibility||Data Matrix with ECC200 error correction. Encoding modes of Text, ASCII, C40 and Base256 (byte) encoding are supported. AIM Specification ISS Data Matrix.|
|MaxiCode Compatibility||MaxiCode with support for modes 2-6. AIM Specification ISS MaxiCode.|
|PDF417 Compatibility||PDF417 with text and base256 (byte) encoding. AIM Specification USS PDF417.|