|Category||Handle Requests, Manage, Develop|
|License||Free to try|
|Supported by||Email, Forums|
|Works With||IIS 5, IIS 5.1, IIS 6, IIS 7|
|Documentation||IIS Mod-Rewrite Standard Documentation|
|Updated on||November 26, 2007|
With IIS Mod-Rewrite Standard you can manipulate URLs on the fly, make your website search engine friendly, make redirects, block specific URLs, block annoying robots and a lot more. IIS Mod-Rewrite is rule based and supports regular expressions. It is 100 % compatible with apache mod_rewrite implementing all its features. IIS Mod-Rewrite Standard supports per-server and per-virtual host configurations, and it works with IIS 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, and 7.0. Also, it comes with a feature rich control panel that includes online updates, version rollback, diagnostics, regex tester, and a lot more settings and tools.
- Supports per-server and per-virtual host configurations
- Supports rule based URL rewrites using regular expressions (regex)
- 100% compatible with apache mod_rewrite
- Includes regular expression tester
- Includes diagnostics tool
- Includes configuration file management
- Includes online update mechanism
- Includes textmap to hash database file converter
- Supports version switching by keeping track of version history
- No need to restart when changing configuration
- Improve your website's traffic by making its URLs search engine friendly.
- Save a great deal of time when migrating rewrite configurations from apache to IIS and vice versa, by just copying and pasting the rewrite commands.
- Get rid of useless traffic by blocking annoying robots, banned hosts, and hot linking to your images or other files.
- Increase security by forbidding access to certain resources in a rule based manner.
- Improve your clients' navigation experience by incorporating redirects.
- Keep your server's health up by using the in depth diagnostics tool.