You can run an operation on all of the servers in the farm, or you can perform an operation on a single server.The types of operations you can perform on a server fit into the following categories:
- Server and service control. You can change the state of a service, reboot a server, or repair and reprovision a server.
- Provisioning. You can start the Web Deploy agent, query installed products, install products, provision applications, or provision the platform.
- Diagnostics and monitoring. You can get the active processes or get a list of requests.
- Server. You can test applications.
To run server farm operations or server operations
- In IIS Manager, do one of the following:
- To perform operations on all servers in the farm, select the name of the server farm in the Connections pane, and then in the Actions pane, click Server Farm Operations.
- To perform server operations on a specific server, select the server in the Server pane, and then in the Actions pane, click Server Operations.
A dialog box is displayed that indicates the operation that is currently being performed. When the operation completes, the results of the operation are displayed. On the Servers page, you can view the operation currently running.
Note: If you click Close in the progress dialog box, the dialog box closes, but the operation is not canceled. Operations are run when you click Run in the Server Operations dialog box.