|IIS 8.0||IIS 8.0 is only available in Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.|
Server Manager in Windows Server 2012 is new and accordingly, the user experience has changed as well.
This step-by-step instruction is not unique to installing IIS. It is meant to assist IIS customers with navigating through the new Server Manager quickly.
- Windows Server 2012 has been installed.
Workarounds for known bugs:
- There are no known bugs for this feature at this time.
Installing IIS 8 with the Default Settings
To install IIS 8, use the following steps:
- Open Server Manager.
- Under Manage menu, select Add Roles and Features:
- Select Role-based or Feature-based Installation:
- Select the appropriate server (local is selected by default), as shown below:
- Select Web Server (IIS):
- No additional features are needed for IIS, so click Next:
- Click Next:
- Customize your installation of IIS, or accept the default settings that have already been selected for you, and then click Next:
- Click Install:
- When the IIS installation completes, the wizard reflects the installation status:
- Click Close to exit the wizard.
IIS 8.0 has been installed successfully by using Server Manager in Windows Server 2012.