WebMatrix supports installing open source community applications from the Web Application Gallery, and publishing to hosting providers, including a set of Beta partner hosting providers. This FAQ contains information about installing and publishing, as well as any issues that may occur after publishing.
Installing and Publishing WordPress
Q: How do I install WordPress?
A: To install WordPress, use the following steps:
- Open WebMatrix and select Site from Web Gallery.
- Select the Blogs category on the left-hand side.
- Find WordPress in the list and install it.
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Run or press F12 to open the site in your default web browser.
- Follow the instructions to complete installation.
Q: How do I publish my WordPress website?
A: To publish a WordPress website, use the following steps:
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Publish.
- On the Publishing Settings dialog, enter the server info you received from your web host.
- Click Validate Connection to ensure that the settings are correct.
- Click Publish.
- If you have not published your database before, select the Database checkbox.
- After previewing the changes, click Continue.
Issue: Wordpress fail to publish with a database error indicating that a particular line of SQL could not be processed
WebMatrix installs MySQL with the UTF-8 character set by default. If you install MySQL on your own, and the character set is not UTF-8 (e.g. it may be Latin1), publishing databases may fail
1) Change the character set for MySQL to UTF-8. More information.
2) Re-install the application
3) Re-publish the application
Discuss in IIS Forums