WebMatrix supports installing open source community applications from the Web Application Gallery, and publishing to hosting providers, including a set of Beta partner hosting providers. This FAQ contains information about installing and publishing, as well as any issues that may occur after publishing.
Installing and Publishing nopCommerce
Q: How do I install nopCommerce?
A: To install nopCommerce, use the following steps:
- Open WebMatrix and select Site from Web Gallery.
- Select the eCommerce category on the left-hand side.
- Find nopCommerce in the list and install it.
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Run or press F12 to open the site in your default web browser.
- Follow the instructions to complete installation.
Q: How do I publish my nopCommerce website?
A: To publish a nopCommerce website, use the following steps:
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Publish.
- On the Publishing Settings dialog, enter the server info you received from your web host.
- Click Validate Connection to ensure that the settings are correct.
- Click Publish.
- If you have not published your database before, select the Database checkbox.
- After previewing the changes, click Continue.
Issue: Publishing nopCommerce fails with a database error similar to this one: “Insert into the nop_log table failed”
1) In WebMatrix, click Run to start nopCommerce locally.
2) Log into the administration page
3) Click the "System" menu
4) Click the "Log" option.
5) Click the "Clear Log" button.
6) Publish nopCommerce again.
Discuss in IIS Forums