WebMatrix supports installing open source community applications from the Web Application Gallery, and publishing to hosting providers, including a set of Beta partner hosting providers. This FAQ contains information about installing and publishing, as well as any issues that may occur after publishing.
Installing and Publishing BlogEngine.NET
Q: How do I install BlogEngine.NET?
A: To install BlogEngine.NET, use the following steps:
- Open WebMatrix and select Site from Web Gallery.
- Select the Blogs category on the left-hand side.
- Find BlogEngine.NET in the list and install it.
Q: How do I publish my BlogEngine.NET website?
A: To publish a BlogEngine.NET website, use the following steps:
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Publish.
- On the Publishing Settings dialog, enter the server info you received from your web host.
- Because BlogEngine.NET has a default connection string that is not used, you will need to enter a fake connection string.
- Click Validate Connection to ensure that the settings are correct.
- Click Publish.
- After previewing the changes, click Continue. Make sure that you do not select the database to be published.
Q: Why do I get a validation error when trying to edit or add blog posts?
A: If you are publishing to a server where the web site is configured to run in a .NET 4 application pool or you changed your local site to run in .NET 4, you will receive this error because the application requires .NET 2.0.
Error: Ooops! An unexpected error has occurred.
The error will also contain the message: "A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$cphAdmin$txtContent$TinyMCE1$txtContent="
To resolve this issue, use your hosting control panel to set your .NET framework version to 2.0 or 3.5.
Discuss in IIS Forums