WebMatrix supports installing open source community applications from the Web Application Gallery, and publishing to hosting providers, including a set of Beta partner hosting providers. This FAQ contains information about installing and publishing, as well as any issues that may occur after publishing.
Installing and Publishing AtomSite
Q: How do I install AtomSite?
A: To install AtomSite, use the following steps:
- Open WebMatrix and select Site from Web Gallery.
- Select the CMS category on the left-hand side.
- Find AtomSite in the list and install it.
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Run or press F12 to open the site in your default web browser.
- Follow the instructions to complete installation.
Q: How do I publish my AtomSite website?
A: To publish a AtomSite website, use the following steps:
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Publish.
- On the Publishing Settings dialog, enter the server info you received from your web host.
- Click Validate Connection to ensure that the settings are correct.
- Click Publish.
- After previewing the changes, click Continue.
Issue: Some links in AtomSite are broken after you download a published site
Workaround: This is a known issue. A workaround is to perform a string replace for service.config, users.config, and all .xml files of the remote URL string (i.e. "http://myhost.com/atomsite") to the local one (i.e. "http://localhost:1239").
Discuss in IIS Forums