|License||Free to try|
|Supported by||Email, Knowledge base, Forums|
|Documentation||Ape (Apache emulator) Documentation|
|Updated on||October 12, 2009|
Apache emulator for IIS 7 . Implements .htaccess configurations inside IIS. Includes following modules: mod_rewrite, mod_proxy, mod_auth, mod_gzip, mod_headers, mod_cache, mod_expires, mod_developer, mod_replace, mod_so, mod_speling, mod_usertrack and others. 35 total modules available.
- powerful Apache-compatible URL rewriting;
- compatible with Apache modules configuration;
- extensive forward and reverse proxy instruments;
- comprehensive authorization capabilities not bound to Windows accounts;
- flexible and powerful content compression functions;
- all-round HTTP-level web developer toolset;
- lighting fast server and client cache features;
- hotlink (content leeching) protection;
- Search Engine Optimization functions;
- on-the-fly content altering.
- users can move their Apache web sites to IIS without modification;
- user-friendly interface and plain text configurations (no XML!);
- unprecedented compatibility with PHP-based applications;
- per-site installation without hosting administration involvement/assistance;
- current PHP and many other Unix-style web applications can be easily configured for IIS;
- flexible user permissions control (as they are implemented in Apache);
- reverse and forward proxy features available for your web server;
- low level controls over web site behavior, optimization, security and performance;
- protection from DOS and injection attacks.
Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista or Windows Seven with IIS 7 native (not IIS 6 emulation mode).